Equipment in Firefall have 5 different rarity levels, which influence the item strength and, for weapons and abilities, how many module slots are available:
- White: 1 slot; Common equipment will be equal strength to their item level.
- Green: 2 slots; Uncommon equipment will be equal to an item five levels above their item level.
- Blue: 3 slots; Rare equipment will be equal to an item ten levels above their item level.
- Purple: 3 slots; Epic equipment will be equal to an item fifteen levels above their item level.
- Orange: Legendaries are special items that scales differently from the others.
For example, a common level 20 is considered as a standard level 20 weapon, an uncommon version will be equal to a level 25 common weapon, rare will be equal to a level 30 common weapon, and epic will be as strong as a level 35 common weapon.